This website (the “Site”) is owned and operated by The Indian Butler (whose address is 4 Pinchin Street, London E1 1SA) "The Indian Butler", “we”, “our”, and “us”.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how we will use it.
By post: The Indian Butler, 4 Pinchin Street, London E1 1SA
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: 020 7488 9851
What information we collect
Information you give us:
You may give us information about you by placing orders or filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
• register to use our Site;
• place an online order on our Site, by telephone or in person;
• sign up to receive our newsletter;
• enter a competition, promotion or survey;
• participate in social media functions on our Site.
Information we collect from you:
We may collect, store and use information about your visits to the Site and about your computer, tablet, mobile or other device through which you access the Site. This includes the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address, your login information, your, browser type and settings, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and geographical location; and
• information about your visits and use of the Site, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site, pages you viewed and searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, referral source/exit pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and website navigation and search terms used. We may also collect information about you from other sources, such as commercially available sources.
What we do with your information
We use your information:
• to carry out any orders you place online on our Site, by telephone or in person;
• to provide you with information that you request from us;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
Where it is in our legitimate interest to do so, we use your information:
• to administer our Site including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, mobile device or other item of hardware through which you access the Site;
• as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of any advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
• from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
Where you have given us consent, we shall provide you with information about any new products, services, events, promotions, special offers and other information which we think will be of interest to you. You can withdraw your consent at any time, but without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. You can update your details or change your privacy preferences at any time by contacting us as given in “Contacting us” above.
Disclosure of your information to third parties
We may share your personal information with our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to enable us to carry out any contract we enter into with you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties where it is in our legitimate interest to do so including for the following reasons:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if all or substantially all of The Indian Butler’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation;
Security of your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers within the United Kingdom. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we keep your information
Access to your information and updating your information
You have the right to access information which we hold about you. If you so request, we shall provide you with a copy of your personal information which we are processing. For any further copies which you may requested, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
You also have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and commonly used format so that it can be transferred to another data controller (“data portability”).
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Right to object
You have the right to object at any time to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests
You also have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal information which is based on our legitimate interests. Where you object on this ground, we shall no longer process your personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Your other rights
You also have the following rights under data protection laws to request that we rectify your personal information which is inaccurate or incomplete.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
• request the erasure of your personal information erasure (‘right to be forgotten’);
• restrict the processing of your personal information to processing to which you have given your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of others.
Exercising your rights
(a) charge areasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or taking the action requested; or
(b) refuse to act on the request.
Where we have reasonable doubts concerning the identity of the person making the request, we may request additional information necessary to confirm your identity.
In order to improve the Site, we may use small files commonly known as “cookies”. A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (your “device”) from the Site and is stored on your device’s browser or hard drive. The cookies we use on the Site won't collect personally identifiable information about you and we won't disclose information stored in cookies that we place on your device to third parties.
You can find more information about how to do manage cookies for all the commonly used internet browsers by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. This website will also explain how you can delete cookies which are already stored on your device.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/) about our data processing activities (helpline on 0303 123 1113).